Sunday, May 8, 2011

Soil and Health Library

The lovely Rodale gardening book I received for Mothers' Day contained numerous references to "Indore composting," sans explanation. So since I'm apparently the only person on the planet who didn't know what that was* I turned to the interweb for explanation. In that search, I found an awesome resource. The Soil and Health Library appears to contain electronic copies of a bunch of out of print books on organic agriculture, frugality, homesteading, and so forth. I'm excited to start digging around there on the next rainy day.

*The term "Indore composting" appears to be commonly used to describe cool temperature composting, but originally applied to a specific method developed by Sir Albert Howard in the 20s and 30s (in Indore, India). Details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment